Frequently Asked Questions
How do I request for a driver?
1. Enter your destination address in the "Drop Location."
2. Your default pickup point is set to your current GPS location or you could use the Go to pin to set your current location. If you are not being picked up at your current location, tap your pickup location on the map and update the address
3. Use the bottom buttons or icons to select the vehicle you would like to use.
4. Tap BOOK NOW. Make sure to confirm your pickup location.
5. Wait for a driver to accept your request.
6. When your request has been accepted, you'll see your driver's location on your map and an estimated time of arrival at your pickup location.
7. Your app will notify you when your driver arrives to your pickup location
Can I schedule a ride in advance?
R&G|RIDE includes the option to schedule a ride in advance using the Schedule button at the Rides feature.
How do scheduled rides work?
The scheduled rides feature allows you to select a pickup. A driver will be requested on your behalf before the start of your trip so that it arrives in the given time and you're on your way to your destination. Scheduling a trip in advance does not guarantee you'll be connected with a driver. In the rare case a driver cannot be found, you'll be notified at the end of your selected time window.
How do I schedule a ride?
1. Tap the car icon with the clock located just to the right of the "Where to?" bar
Select a date and a 15-minute window of time
2. Tap SCHEDULE
3. The pickup location will automatically set to your current location. Tap Go to pin to edit the pickup location. You'll have to move where the cursor is set.
4. Set your destination
5. Review your fare estimate and tap SCHEDULE.
What does it cost?
Scheduled trips are priced exactly like a normal trip.
By selecting the vehicle option icon you prefer, you agree to be charged the displayed fare when you arrive at your destination. Tap the BOOK NOW, accept the fare and request a trip.
Trip fares are based on factors that include estimated time and distance to your destination. Fees and surcharges are also included. The fare you are actually charged may increase if your trip takes longer than expected. Extra stops on a trip, changing the destination, or making a driver wait several minutes at your pickup location can also add to your fare.
If your app doesn't show an upfront fare, you can still request a ride. Your trip's fare will be calculated when you arrive at your destination. Your fare may vary based on current demand for rides near your pickup location at the time you request a ride.
You'll have the option to obtain a fare estimate in the app or on the web, which is displayed as a price range that includes all applicable fees and surcharges based on the estimated route from your pickup location to your destination. If your trip includes additional wait time, or a change in destination, or takes significantly longer than expected, your actual fare may fall outside this estimated range.
Can I request long trips?
While R&G|RIDE doesn't limit the distance you can travel on a trip, trips may automatically end after 4 hours.
Please let drivers know if you're planning to travel a long distance. Many drivers need to make the return trip home after reaching your destination, and it's polite to give them a warning of a long trip.
If you'd like to continue after a trip automatically ends, please request a new ride. Since your previous driver is nearby, they may receive this new trip request.
Can i request a R&G|RIDE at the airport?
You can use R&G|RIDE to and from the airport.
Do you do Airport Drop offs?
When you have a flight to catch, check the ETA for your preferred vehicle option 15-30 minutes before you're ready to request pickup.
External factors like road construction or heavy traffic can lead to longer travel times. Giving yourself some extra time will help reduce the stress that can be caused by traveling on a tight schedule.
Do you do Airport Pickups?
It's good practice to collect your luggage from the baggage claim area and be ready to step outside before requesting pickup.
Many airports have specific requirements about where riders can be picked up by vehicles on the R&G|RIDE platform. Your app will confirm pickup location(s) when you're required to meet a driver at a specific area or level of the airport.
After your ride request is accepted by a nearby driver, your app may ask you to select a precise terminal location and door where your driver should meet you. You may also receive a call from your driver to clarify which door or section you'll meet at.
Please let drivers know if you're planning to travel a long distance from the airport. Many drivers need to make a return trip home after reaching your destination.
Can I use a vehicle of my choice?
You can select from the vehicles listed below;
1. Basic offers the most affordable vehicle options.
2. Taxi, just like a regular taxi but can be requested using the app
3. Premium includes high end and luxury options.
4. 4x4 offers extra space vehicles with room for more.
As you scroll through vehicle options, note that each one includes upfront pricing to give you a clear sense of how much a ride to your destination should cost. Tap your preferred vehicle option to select it. Then tap the BOOK NOW button at the bottom of your screen when you’re ready to ride.
Use the bar at the bottom of your app screen to select a vehicle option that fits your needs. Tap any vehicle option icon for a fare estimate.
When you have selected your preferred option and pickup location, tap SET PICKUP LOCATION to move to confirming your request for a ride.
How do ETAs work?
Before a trip starts, your app provides an ETA for when your driver should arrive at your pickup location.
After your trip starts, your app provides an ETA for when you should arrive at your destination.
Please note that ETA times are estimates and not guaranteed. A variety of external factors like heavy traffic or road construction can impact travel time.
Contacting my driver
If you wish to contact your driver about a pickup location or talk about other details of the ride you requested, you can do that through the app.
To contact your driver:
1. Tap the yellow circle button on the top right in the task details.
2. Select Contact to call your driver.
Note that drivers may not answer their phones while driving.
How do I cancel a trip?
1.Go to your task details.
2. Select cancel
3. Trip will be canceled
You can change or cancel your request at any point before being matched with a driver without any charge. Normal cancellation fees apply once you have been connected with a driver.
Once a trip has started, you can end it by notifying your driver that you'd like to be dropped off. The driver will end the trip for you on their app.
If you accidentally cancel a trip while en route to your destination, your driver can still take you to your destination, and then request a fare adjustment.
You will be charged a cancellation fee in the following situations:
1. If you cancel at any point after your driver accepts the trip
2. If you cancel at any point after the driver arrives
3. If the driver cancels after waiting 2 minutes at the pickup location
You will not be charged a cancellation fee in the following situations:
1. On requests you cancel before a driver accepts
2. If your driver cancels before waiting 2 minutes at your pickup location.
What If I have been incorrectly charged a cancellation fee?
If you believe you were incorrectly charged a cancellation fee on a trip, request a refund through the R&G|RIDE support team, an investigation will be carried out.